• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest mjrstar

On a similar topic, I have a set of fireblade carbs which i have split off and intend to run a pair on my mini.. the have been tinkered with and i may not have all the linkage / piework when i got them..

they appear to have 2 fuel ports on each carb, is there a return circuit or what?

Also is the choke mechanisim the sideways runner which pulls a little plunger out on each carb??

On my carbs, the sideways moving guy is the choke, so probably the same?

the return of my carbs is just a little spout/nipple from the top of the fuel bowl. Bikes just dump it on the ground. I'm a bit worried about it myself as the zorst is there as it's a K series and non x-flox...

Keen to help me ballance them carbs when i get them mounted up shaneo? or just lend me your kit and i'll wing it? :P

Guest mjrstar

aah sweet - cheers ned

So does red = breather?? (judging by hose type and shitty clamps)

Assuming blue is fuel in?

yellow plug will be TPS?

green... er.... plumbed to airbox?

Guest bubblegoose

yes to all of those above. red is best left open to atmosphere, they do not have a fuel 'return' mearly an over flow so if its dumping it to the ground your floats are set incorrectly or your fuel pressure is too high/you will burn a fiery death

the 2 fuel fittings you have on your carbs are both inlet and out let, the fuel flows though the carbs to the next one in the line till they are all full etc etc

so you can plumb both to fuel in, run them in line or plumb to one and block the other

Guest retep130

rot808's arent joined, they are more like 2 pairs of carbs

that big line in the middle normally goes to the airbox I think, on R1 carbs I joined mine together to slow down the fluttering of the slides, in that case you could probably just block them

Guest bubblegoose

the red hose should be the atmosphere reference for below the diaphragm (above is vaccuum) you can control the speed the slides lift and return by adjusting the hole size, normally plumbing both outlets into one 8mm hole is enough for most cars. completely blocking them can cause the slides to not open properly. the big hose in the middle shouldn't have much effect on the slide operation if any so im a little confused how this fixed your issue (or did i read that wrong)

Guest retep130

im 90% sure you are getting the red hose and the green hoses confused, red hose has got to be fuel overflow. I think green hose connects to all areas above diaphragms. pretty sure we are thinking the same thing but just confused with hoses