drtydogs honda legend "wing" turbo

drtydog

Hey all so i got myself a honda (my first)

it's a 1989 honda legend "wing" turbo

will slowly be going through and fixing all the small faults, and hoping it doesn't hand granade on me lol.

has heaps of trick 80's tech like vairiable vane turbo, active steering ect

please post lots of hate and abuse ect

234084884.jpg

234085056.jpg

• 1 month later...

so i replaced the fan switch this weekend. one of the fans is definatly working not sure about the other fan but it is still over heating. is absolutly fine when idling in the driveway but driving it up the road it soon overheats then will drop down then over heat again. any sugestions?

Possibly blocked radiator or stuffed water pump. Not fan if it's ok idling. He higher revs and more flow are when it isn't cooling, which is usually related to blocked cooling system or a water pump with a fin/s missing.

Awesome by the way. I didn't know things existed! What engine is it? Does it go alright?

• 3 weeks later...

update time. a little more digging has uncovered the main cooling fan has no power to it. i'm guessing a relay problem as i cant find any blown fuses but will have to do some more digging. anyway keen to help me get it running good for the dec cruise? lol anyway some more pictures cause this thred is gettng boring (and the mrs got a new camera to play with

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

any my little side project to tow behind the honda once its running better

IMG_0100.jpg