brdflu REALLY shouldn't have bought kyteler's KHR30

kyteler

Whole-e-crap, this is looking good.

Those before and after pics up there ^ show what an awesome job you've done. That front lip is bad ass.

Top job.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kyteler

Sparkle.

I got curious and went to see how far down it was after it settled. Front chassis rail is 105mm, Engine Crossmember is 110mm. Rear subframe at lowest point is 115mm. So it's pretty much at it's lowest point right now.

• Like 1

Guest kyteler

So you can lower it some more?

I could do. But working out the precise amount to trim for 5 and 15mm isn't high on my priority list.

Guest UTERUS

When my soarer was a daily, it was 75mm to the front crossmember which was lowest structural point.

Lowest bit was the exhaust, at like 40mm.

It was sweet man.

Triangle.

Guest Born Loser

Looking bloody sharp dude! I remember very well not so long ago seeing this car in a very bad state! cant wait to see it again!

Guest kyteler

Yeah man, it's come a long way since that day on a trailer outside your place. Hell, it can drive for starters! I think you'll like it, it's no VB110 but you'll like it.

Guest coldturkey

I must say I am a fan of what you are achieving with this. It does need to go a little lower though...

Bite the bullet and go through the cert process? or have you got a long term plan along those lines.

Guest kyteler

Nah. I'd only bother certing it if I went L28T or some such. It's not supposed to be a massive project car just another part of the collection. I'll re-visit it after the 110 and 21 are finished or well on their way.

Guest kyteler

i think its at a good/practical ride height and look's f***ing sweet.

Cheers man, I do too.

As for you, Ed. There's no way you'd do that, the fuel bill would be horrific. Hahah.

Which reminds me, on the open road she gets close to 10 litres per 100km not the 15odd for city driving.

Guest stagefumer11

looks damn awesome dude :D

Rear end squat is hard to get rid of due to the rear end design. Even mega high rate springs they still squat..

great for making your mates heads hit the rear window on 1st to 2nd shift ;)