brdflu REALLY shouldn't have bought kyteler's KHR30

kyteler

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest durty

I was gutted when I went to send those shocks at work, I forgot to grab the lowering springs I was going to send you in the box.

Wanted to make sure you could get it sitting at a decent height

c73sfwMm.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Orion

Yay for broken R30s. The sparky by my mechanic's was supposed to phone me about the replacement CAS units but hasn't yet. I'll remind him on Monday.

Does new parts koop have an optical dizzy you can steal? Have I already asked this?

Realistically, the only thing you can do about the AAC valve is clean all the crap out of it and hope the diaphragm that modulates the vacuum isn't perished/split.

Also, open up the FPC that lives in the boot, and check it for dry joins. When mine crapped out it was overfueling to shit, some people may remember the loltastic time I had on the side of the road enroute to the first or second Hawkes Boes where my koop flooded itself and wouldn't start again for ages. Had to pull the fuel pump fuse and crank the bitch dry before it would run again.

Guest Orion

Now it's just a matter of waiting to see whether or if it will fuck out again. Dag blastit.

In the words of the late, great Paul Newman... "Let's go for a long drive."

Gotta love them chunky '80s lines.

Guest Orion

Needs lower.

Also also, slightly related. I have a story for Ed.

I was talking to another R30 owner on the weekend and he was having a look at the coupe and remarked something along the lines of.. "With that lower spoiler and front end setup.. I reckon that actually looks better than the Iron Mask." ... He didn't want to admit it, but he did. You're next, Edward. You're next.

Bah, foiled. I was hoping to turn up to Nats with a full uglyfront conversion, but there's no point anymore! (I don't know if I'll even turn up to Nats, at this rate.)

To be perfectly honest though, I don't mind the non-tekamen front; I've toyed with the idea of converting the sedan before (for a laugh) but this was before I bought those plates... also the requisite parts always seem to be so spendy, the bonnet and grille in particular.

That front kit on yours does help, even if it does sit a bit lower and incongruent with the rest of the kit. I bet your R30 owner friend wouldn't say it looked good if it still rocked the thin-spec yuck valance and the creepy thin bumpers :P

Guest mikuni

Fuck yes!

It's really come together nicely man. Lower would be better, but at this stage that tyre/wheel combo actually works on it at that height.

And I'd agree that with a length of the country drive on the cards it is better to have reliability than tyres constantly rubbing on the guards. I've learnt that one several times the hard way, so I would suggest loading the crap out of it and doing some test runs before you set off to ensure all is good, especially if it has a saggy rear end.

Guest Spencer

Lol what a piece of shit it was.

I think you should 100% sort those springs, loaded up we will no doubt drag the arse the whole way there otherwise

PLus you will probably flop off the track

Guest Snoozin

Love that kind of before and after. Fuck me no wonder I told you, you were a homo for buying that and not spending money on the C110, look at how shit it was.

Guest kyteler

Yeah it was an abortion with no working fucking anything, you'd think the fact I got through it s fast would mean the 110 would have been done years ago....

There's always next year.

Also, thanks guys, appreciate the appreciation. The photos don't do the car justice as far as staunchness goes, they make the paint and everything else look better though. hah.