Fixing a Ford Laser TX3 Turbo

Toot Toot Timmy

Its a 88 FWD 1.6 Turbo NZ New, I suspect it has a blown turbo but could requite a few more things to get it running well, he is wanting too get it going but has been given the run around by a few mechanics, we are turning it into a rally car so would like to get it running nice and strong.

I am far removed from the Japanese car scene and don't know who to take it too.

I remember a member had one on here and was looking for a pointer on where I should recommend he take it.

Note the awesome Repco or similar body kit and white wheels, like you I am thinking it will be a very fast car when it it running with these additions.

556614_455556124489025_930623316_n.jpg

As long as you don't get swarf poured into your cylinder head you should be sweet.

I see you're in Papakura - you could talk to Andy at Papakura Mechanical Services. Alternately Murray at Papakura Engine Rebuilders has had a few of these pass thru his shop in the last 15 years.

Had my TX3 outputting a nice healthy 240hp at the front wheels with judicious mods (was ridiculously fun in a car weighing under 900kg), but the aforementioned swarf ended up ruining christmas :(

I'm in the process of resurrecting it but will stick to track racing, and ease up on the power output a bit with the next engine build.

btw that kit is a "Tordair" one - very popular here in the '90s, but I'm not a huge fan myself

As long as you don't get swarf poured into your cylinder head you should be sweet.

I see you're in Papakura - you could talk to Andy at Papakura Mechanical Services. Alternately Murray at Papakura Engine Rebuilders has had a few of these pass thru his shop in the last 15 years.

Had my TX3 outputting a nice healthy 240hp at the front wheels with judicious mods (was ridiculously fun in a car weighing under 900kg), but the aforementioned swarf ended up ruining christmas :(

I'm in the process of resurrecting it but will stick to track racing, and ease up on the power output a bit with the next engine build.

btw that kit is a "Tordair" one - very popular here in the '90s, but I'm not a huge fan myself

Cheers for that, not sure what swarf is but will investigate further.