fuel pump problems I think...

sholdowa

So, started up the Jensen after a few months under wraps. Will idle ok, but any more and it just dies. Attempt number 26 got it up the drive, and I went for a quick run around the block. Then it just died. Like it had no fuel. Pump the throttle a few times and it'll start and idle happily again.

So I'm thinking fuel starvation. I haven't done anything except swear at it so far. It's got one of those Facet solid state fuel pumps that's ticking away pretty fast behind me. Is there anywhere I can hit it with a large hammer to ensure it's actually pumping properly? I'm going to check the state of the 2 fuel filters, and the throughput at the carbies tomorrow, just enquiring on where to smack the pump in case it's whingeing after it's 2 month sleep...

Cheers,

Steve

Hi HiLux, I thought that, bit I've mixed what was left with 2 x new stuff. Joker, I will be checking the filters ( there are at least two! ) and the pressure regulator. Unfortunately by thumb, as I haven' got a gauge handy... just as soon as I can get away fro this bloody computer...

Otherwise, I'll have to miss tomorrow's appointment with Cul8r.