aftermarket water temp gauge

camo_78

bought a mechanical type water temp gauge a while ago for my cortina,now contemplating swapping it into the sport.when i had it hooked up in mine though it never worked.so what i want to know,is there any special tricks to running a mech H2O gauge??it was brand new when i installed it in my cortina

just installed one in mine, was easy peasy.

if it is 100% mechanical you can check it works by putting the sender it in hot water. It takes a while for the tip to warm up and eventually register on the guage.

Could just be a dud if it never worked, or maybe needs a bit of 12V to work?

Photo of the back?

just installed one in mine, was easy peasy.

if it is 100% mechanical you can check it works by putting the sender it in hot water. It takes a while for the tip to warm up and eventually register on the guage.

Could just be a dud if it never worked, or maybe needs a bit of 12V to work?

Photo of the back?

am about to do said hot water trick :) .and its all 100% mechanical,only wires on the rear are for the light.will report back soon if it works in the hot water

wheres it fitted in the cortina? i couldnt find anywhere for mine,so i went electric sender type..

water is only getting to 50deg

i used brass adaptors to fit it into the factory hole on mine,hence it probably never worked.however i found a bung in the side of the block im going to try in the sport.will fit it tomorrow and report back :)