Smokey's 1972 Mitsubishi Galant Colt

smokey

• 2 months later...

Love the car dude - i used to have one a few years back. I had big plans with and EVO engine, hilux diff, etc..... Ended up over my head (budget wise). In my defence i bought a house, got married and started a family so i kind needed the cash. I sold it for fuck all - what a knob end hahaha.

Good luck with your build!!!!!

• 1 year later...

Slightly narrower rims or slightly more positive offset rims in the front would also solve the problem and you'd not have to run flares which would keep those lines nice and clean. The good thing about running narrower rims in front is that they're generally cheaper than wides and less popular so easier to get. Then you can either sell your other pair for profit$ or buy narrower rims in a set of 4 and have two sets of wheels for different occasions/another car.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Damn I wrote up a post for this thread months ago and it didnt work for some reason..

Anyway, I have canned the flares idea. I bought some and test fitted and felt they just didnt look right on the car. I am running starion struts up front now which tuck everything in about 20mm each side and works well with the previously rolled guards. My 14x7 longchamps with 195/60/14s fit pretty snug now so im pretty happy with the result. The struts have D2 coilovers and adjustable camber plates which help the tyres out with some camber. The struts still need to be welded up though..

I did also have to get some RCAs made up for everything to fit too. All in all it was quite a bit of work getting around having to use the flares lol.

Hi Danny, My suggestion would be to run a Sigma/ L200 4G63 sohc with a carb setup. Either standard or maybe a webber 32/36? You can run a sigma gearbox with the L200 Tail housing. The diff should handle it fine too. This is what I'd do if I was going non turbo.

I saw your car on trademe so if you still have it, you should go ahead with a conversion aye.