new school car help

Beaver

right, so Mrs has a citroen zx (I know i know....)

Twice in the last couple of weeks it randomly wont start. It doesnt get driven much but usualy never gives much trouble. Its a single point injection spec thingy.

had a good play the other weekend when it last wouldnt start. was getting spark and gas and would turn over till the cows came home and not even cough. ended up unglugging a heap of shit and put it back together then the battery started ging flat so jumped it and t started first pop.

was fine for about 2 weeks then yesterday it wouldnt start again. tested battery, 11.4v and was turning over strong but not even a cough out of it.

my only theory is that it lives outside and something is getting damp/shitty connection. when I was fiddling last time I must have dried it out or something so it started. (note, when it did start it was first turn etc, no trouble at all).

Is it worth doing plugs and leads on it to remove any shitty connections? I konw fuck all about modern electronics. leads go to a block thingy bolted to the engine. When it runs its runs fine so I dont think its anything seriuos.

any thoughts?

Have you tried another battery? Is 11.4 when cranking or just at rest? Just something easy to try anyway if you have a known good battery. Doesn't sound all that battery related going by what you've said. But a dying battery has beaten me before.

doesnt have one..... (at kk re: airflow meter)

I jumped it off mine the first time it started (although the battery in the car was sluggish from me trying to start it for so long). just jumped it again tonight but no go. guess I could try it without the cars battery (the terminals wont fit on mine) but I dont think its battery.

11.4v is sitting (mine is 11.5) so I dont think its fucked was about 13.4 or something when it was runniing

I remember we had a Merc in at work similar issue. Turned out it was just fussy with batteries.

Even thoe the battery seemed ok, ( cranked over fast, run all electrics ect ) wouldn't start unless was fresh off the charger. Ended up giving it a new one. resolved it