Diesel Hard Starting Question

Bling

Right, so I lost it as a daily so haven't been able to look further into it. However, I dropped a car at mechanics before and gave him the symptoms. He basically said he'd not even bother pulling the glow plugs as it sounds like the lifter pump (or something similar, memory sucks) will just be draining back. 2.5k-5k to fix. So it sounds like it's just going to be lived with as that's not economical to fix really considering 4wds value. It's not a big deal really. If it's driven every day it starts ok, it's just if it's left longer that the problem occurs.

Just thought i'd post this on the end anyway incase someone uses search. So that's the result, though not guaranteed, pretty safe bet for this case.

Just had to do the glow plugs in the 406 - 3 where burnt out completely (no heat what so ever when connected directly to the battery) and the 4th was shagged (after 7 seconds connected to the battery you could still touch it and feel it was warm)

Wonder how long I'd been starting it on 1 glow plug for...