Throttle cable

mattj

Hey does anyone know where you can buy the bits to make up a new throttle cable, specifically what I need is an elbow type end that turns about 70 - 90 deg so I can run it vertically through the scuttle panel then turn it to run towards the carb.

I have tried Safe-R-Brakes and a couple of other places but no one seeems to have the elbow style ends. they look to be fairly common on motorbikes but I have no idea where to get the individual bits.

Cheers

Matt

fairly common on motorbikes

own question answered :P

goto a motorbike shop : they can make to length as well

Tried a couple of motorbike shops but no luck, it seems the shop that used to do it closed after the earthquake (stupid Christchurch), all they could offer was to sell me a whole new cable which isn't what I am after.

A good throttle cable is pushbike brake cables - you can also get the elbows from the bike shop too.

Yeah that is more like what I am after, I will cruise past a bike shop and have a look

Cheers

weve got some on the shelf at work..

theyr used for choke cables on trx's..

i can take a pic for you if you want...its basically an elbow with a threaded end(so you can mount it through a plate and put a nut on the other side as a bracket.

a normal bike brake cable or a motorbike throttle cable will fit the elbow boss..

theyr probably about 70-75degree bend....and plastic

weve got some on the shelf at work..

theyr used for choke cables on trx's..

i can take a pic for you if you want...its basically an elbow with a threaded end(so you can mount it through a plate and put a nut on the other side as a bracket.

a normal bike brake cable or a motorbike throttle cable will fit the elbow boss..

theyr probably about 70-75degree bend....and plastic

That would be good mate, The only thing I am unsure of with the bike ones is how I would mount it, a threaded end would be better.......

All sorted now, thanks guys.

Rang Diggers, he reckoned that my best bet was to go to a motorbike wreckers and find something secondhand, got hold of KG Motorcycles and he hooked me up, just need to weld a bracket to my pedal and it will be another job off the list.....