SHIZZLE's pinto powerhouse mkV cortina

camo_78

the wrecker said it was....has me wondering ae...

should work out though..

shocks arrived today. still waiting on my brake parts and mirrors that shouldve been here by now.

bloody useless couriers...no such thing as overnight freight anymore even though they offer it and take your money..

dirty huas...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well the guy i got the wheel cylinder off has sent me the wrong one,and has sold the one i need.

mooron...

ive had the cyl apart,the rear piston was siezed and the front was doing all the work..

both boot springs are missing and one has a split in the boot,gargh....

the brake line to the RR has a crimp in it,im surprised it pulled 160 on the test,the left was 0...

they feed to the left then cross to the right...

change to dsics would be good,aswell as vented rotors with caliper spacers for the front.

decided to take the beast to work today out to drummond..

ran sweet as, 5 speed is smooth as..

needs a god damn heater though

water temp gauge doesnt work either, so will need to sort that out if it doesnt work with the sport dash, if i ever get it in...

winter daylight sux...leave home for work in the dark,get home in the dark...gay

yeah,could also make the choke a tempremental whore ae?

possibly,i hadnt actually thought of it but it would make sense when the core is connected directly to the choke.speaking oh which,any idea how to adjust the auto chokes??the one on the sport is temperamental,cant make up its mind when to open up etc etc

• 2 weeks later...

fucking stoked...got me a wof on it today...

adjusted the rear brakes again,till i could just turn the drums by hand..

took it for a spin and it felt good as,both locked up on handbrake skiddies....

pulled up mint on the rollers too...

but they were gonna fail it cos the indicator stopped working,doh,the wire had come out of the plug,so i got it back in just in time,cos they were closing..

so tomorrow im gonna put the recaros in it...

need to get a better exhaust and remove the auto choke system...

nicely done sir,got a wof on the sport this week too,had rear brake issues too,ended up flogging a cylinder and shoe out of my spare diff to bring it up to a borderline pass on balance,lol.will update the build thread later on

planning on hitting up the garage for a session this weekend...

wanna get my recaros into it and get the body a bit closer to the ground if you know what i mean...

will just trim the coils till theyr just about to be uncaptive.probably only drop about an inch but thats better than skytower stance that its currently cranking out..

might also cut and reweld the exhaust so it stops banging on the spare wheel well and diff....just needs to be taken about 20mm forward...

i doubt id get time to pull the carb off to inspect the choke and give it a clean....might just take it off so i can take it into work and use the parts wash and carb clean there,also has lighting at work

get the body a bit closer to the ground if you know what i mean...

will just trim the coils till theyr just about to be uncaptive.probably only drop about an inch but thats better than skytower stance that its currently cranking out..

if i remember correctly i took a coil and a half out of the rears in my ghia,and 2 out of the front.have taken another half out of the front and theyre barely captive now,rears are 2 coils gone with shorter shocks(daihatsu hijet with cortina bushes :wink: ),almost sits on bumpstops BUT shocks are at max travel length with no1 in it :lol:

PS:damn you having recaros :P ive got wrx seats in the sport now,lol

the recaros came with my courier ute,sold that with the spare seats i had from the parts ute...

bingo....will put them in once ive made some rail adaptors at work...

the tina is alot lower now,rears are captive and nowhere near the bumpstops,tyres are probably 15-20mm from the lip of the guard.

not slammed but alot better.

the fronts i took about 1 3/4 off and got it down quite abit,almost the same as the rear,but i cant finish it off without a decent profile tyre on the front,thetr 185/70s...rank as..

rears are 205/60s...so keen for some more 205/60s or 50s...

front gurads might need a roll before it goes lower though,modgie offset sticks them out a we bit...

tomorrows plan is to take the carby off so i can strip it and give it a good clean out.

may also take the whole choke set up off,it doesnt work anyway..

theres a weird unit on the chassis rail near the fuel pump, i have no idea what it is but the fuel line goes into that before the mech pump...

anyone know what this is?one way valve???

got one recaro in....went to work this morning and amde the seat brackets...but only did 2...failed to remember i need 4.lol

but they do fit mint,sit straight and level...

getting oh so keen to paint it black now...

still waiting for my gauges to show up too,thatl be next weekends job aswell as getting the sport tacho wired up.

gauges turned up today..

had 2 mint wins on the tard this weeknd.

picked up a brand new driveshaft rubber coupling for $30 posted.

and a set of 36mm mikunis for $80 with the airbox and filter off a triumph daytona 1200.....cheap as

will start on a manifold soonish..will just buy a new inlet gasket and make a plate to suit,4 pipes,rubber hose couplings and jet the carbs to suit..

any ideas on what jet size these should be for the pinto?

might start on some headers too...

• 2 weeks later...

i often find myself thinking of this car every hour of the day,thinking about what to do to it and how i want it to be when ive finished...

so..........

what is a decent looking tyre to chuck on the modgies without them rubbing on the guards?

currently the rears are 205/60s and get a bit of rubbing over bumps and dips...

eagers are out of the question...the cheaper the better....

should i go for a bit of stretch?

can you get a 185/55/13? theyd be a decent profile ae? i have no knowledge of tyres other than they cost me money for wofs and turn to smoke when the squeal...

also have some other plans in the works that cannot be revealed untill i have sourced the cash and parts etc...

so for now, its a question of tyres....

peace's