2jz vvti or not

LS 2 THE DEEE

currently looking for a 2jzge for my cresta

I've had a look around including yahoo and just wondering what the better option would be between the vvti or not and also saw 2jzfse or something along those lines on yahoo what are they about?

any knowledgable input would be appreciated as im mechanically not that sound

chur

Im pretty sure the 1jzfse and 2jzfse are pretty much copies of the old 1j's and 2j's, but were tweaked so they produce less emissions and use less fuel. As for your crown, i would go vvti myself. Just gives it that bit of extra kick higher in the rev range. What year is your cresta?

The 2JZFSE as the name suggests has the narrow angle valve heads (sweet ports) and direct injection, you need a expensive ECU to make this work, or some engineering and a not so expensive ECU to convert back to port injection.

The VVTi means you will most likely need a aftermarket ECU, I guess add $1500 for a link to do this

Or score a normal old 2JZ for fuck all over here bang it in on the factory ECU and enjoy, they make decent power and the torque is sweet for everyday cruising. You wont really notice the difference from the VVTi