DJZ's 1997 Nissan Stagea

DJZ

Newest car I've ever owned! After selling the R30 I thought it was time to buy a run around/daily.

424956_10150674485402259_595742258_9201690_1844610131_n.jpg

Bought this reasonably cheap, it's done heaps of k's, it's got what I believe is called a series 2 VVT RB25DE which I didn't even know existed, I thought all the N/A VVT ones were the same but this one doesn't have an ignitor like the series 2 RB25DETs. It's an automatic 4 wheel drive model.

Plans are at the moment just to tidy it up a bit, it's had a minor smack in the right hand front, somebody has replaced the guard previous to me buying it but the grill is broken and the headlight/park light are out of whack. I'm trying to track down an RS/Turbo mesh grill for it. Might buy some of the fake BBS LM's for it, I think 18s would suit the car pretty well as it's absolutely massive.

If I keep it for long enough and if the Z starts failing warrants due to rust (which it probably will) I'll pull the RB out of the Z, bolt the 4WD sump onto the RB26, buy a GTR/GTS-4 gearbox and drop it in this. Then it'll be time for an R34 front conversion etc etc

• 4 weeks later...

I jest ye not, and don't call me Shirley.

Nah, the Z is long over due for some body work, rust repairs and fresh paint but when it actually happens I want it done properly so it's going to be a very long and expensive process. I'd rather have the RB in something then have it sitting in a corner, it won't be permanent.

I miss my stagea. Taking home a guard and the front bumper in the crown for the Trueno was a nightmare.

Gone are the days of throwing 6 wheels, 20 litres of petrol, tool box, jacks and 4 people in the car...