any holden v8 experts / auto sparkies want to take a crack?

burrowssj

So I have the opportunity buy a dirt cheap v8 holden calias. 170kms near mint condition. 2k.

The owner (my boss) has said its got and electrical fault that goes something like this.

First was the battery being flat. It wasn't charging so they got the alternator reconditioned an replaced. Still didn't fix it (didn't replace battery though!). Now occasionally when he uses the light switches it stalls the car. not always and problem seems like its not even there until it happens and your stuck without a jump start. He took it to blackwells who did a full check over and couldn't find any fault with it and basically gave it back to him and said we don't know whats wrong.Anyone come across this before? I told him to replace the battery and i've yet to drive it but damn the thing is tidy and cheap! It could be a great investment or even a good car to steal parts from?

do you guys think its to much of a gamble?

Hmmm might take it for a drive tomorrow then. At the least I think I can get the 2k back for it. More hoping to pass it on quickly and gain some cahs for gotina :D

Then again all I need is clutch kit, selector fork clutch master and salve an hosing and its running. If I wasn't working 50+ hour weeks I would have it sorted. This week is gearing up to be a 70 lol

Hmmm might take it for a drive tomorrow then. At the least I think I can get the 2k back for it. More hoping to pass it on quickly and gain some cahs for gotina :D

Then again all I need is clutch kit, selector fork clutch master and salve an hosing and its running. If I wasn't working 50+ hour weeks I would have it sorted. This week is gearing up to be a 70 lol

Ckutch master cyl.. $54 from BNT I got one last month

I will guarantee you that's why they cant find the fault, intermittent problems are the biggest pain in the ass to anyone that works in the automotive industry. If you don't want to wait for whatever is wrong to break (my personal favourite option) then a trial and error type system works, although costly.