heater core bypass questions and help.

sam

hello there I was wondering if someone may be able to help with a few things.

As off last weekend I discovered that my heater hose pipe has a hole in it at the very end where the hose goes on it. The end that is under the intake manifold. Coolant leaks out and the engine starts to over heat. its a 5m-e 2.8l in my mx73. I want to try bypass the heater core but i am unsure how i would go by doing so :scratch: . The heater hose pipe is also connected to the water pump. I Would need to bypass the whole beginning of the heater hose, theres also another hose that comes onto the beginning of the heater pipe i would need to bypass aswell. Could i just run some T joints and a hose to where the pipe comes out of the fire wall and splice into the hose and a T joint there? Any help is appreciated !

Cheers

Sam

there will be a hose from the engine to the heater core (hot side), and 1 from the heater core to the engine (cold side)

you need to loop from where the hot side leaves the enhine to where the cold side returns to the engine.

in saying that, its an "M" series so is prob overheating cuz the head gasket is fucked

in saying that, its an "M" series so is prob overheating cuz the head gasket is fucked

thanks for the reply, pretty sure the gasket is ok, the coolant pisses out of where the hole is can only drive a few kms before stopping and refilling with water before it over heats

if you know where its leaking why would you bypass it? either replace the hose or if its near enough the end then chop it off where the hole is and stretch it to the connection

Because a new pipe is 400bucks from japan, and its a real bitch to get to its under the intake and loops around under the exhaust side a bit aswell, i could chop it out but another pipe comes down onto it,