Rodney007's Evo powered '82 Starion

rodney007

Good stuff man - it's a nice looking conversion.

May I suggest from personal experience at addition of a brake master cylinder heat-shield, and try re-routing the throttle cable away from the turbo.

Possibly some better quality tubing and clamps for the likes for the fuel pressure regulator / waste-gate actuator might not go a miss either, that blue silicone hose can be a bit soft/rubbish..

Also execution of aforementioned skid is obligatory.

Good stuff man - it's a nice looking conversion.

May I suggest from personal experience at addition of a brake master cylinder heat-shield, and try re-routing the throttle cable away from the turbo.

Possibly some better quality tubing and clamps for the likes for the fuel pressure regulator / waste-gate actuator might not go a miss either, that blue silicone hose can be a bit soft/rubbish..

Also execution of aforementioned skid is obligatory.

Thanks, I actually have a standard heat shield, might dig it up and chuck it on. Nice point on the fuel reg lines too.

I highly recommend you do a skid.

How does it run with that computer with the big injectors etc etc?

It runs really good, smooth engine with nice solid pull. The injectors came from the same car as the ECU. doesn't seem to run rich though I haven't had it officially checked at this stage.

As for the skid, not a hell of alot I can do with the open-diff. I had a locker in there a few years back but she got thrashed and almost got me into trouble a few times. :D