coil over shocks (mx5)

hmmmnz

ok im a retard when it comes to all this modern suspension,

i generaly always have cars with leaf springs, tortion bars, or mcpherson shocks,

any way

the mrs mx5 needs new shocks,

i can get the shocks them selves, compress the springs etc and replace the old shocks,

or i can get coil overs, do these go inside the existing spring,

or are they a complete replacement for the old spring and shock,

oh also if they are preload adjustable do they have to be cert'd ??

(don't really want to go down that route if i can avoid it)

cheers

logan

they need to be certed.

they replace the shock and spring as a unit.. unless you get the crap sleeves and springs for it,they slide over the new shock

if its not a track car id just get new shocks and springs,or get the og springs compressed.

they need to be certed.

they replace the shock and spring as a unit.. unless you get the crap sleeves and springs for it,they slide over the new shock

if its not a track car id just get new shocks and springs,or get the og springs compressed.

what are sleeves and springs???

i don't want to make the car any lower, its just that i can get a full set of coil overs out of the germany, for about the price of decent rear shocks,

thats bull shit that it has to be cert'd if they are adjustable, i don't have cert my motorbikes with adjustable suspension,

you'd think that the wof people would want people to have the best suspension possible, not crapped out old shocks instead

ok what about this

in 98/99 (first of the nb shape)

Sport suspension with Bilstein shocks

was a factory option,

could i then put in adjustables saying they are a direct replacement for the blitzens that were stuffed??

i know when i reg'd a 68 falcon (au import) the guy wasn't happy with the brake booster, until i showed him a print out from the options book that said that a booster was an option,

ok what about this

in 98/99 (first of the nb shape)

Sport suspension with Bilstein shocks

was a factory option,

could i then put in adjustables saying they are a direct replacement for the blitzens that were stuffed??

i know when i reg'd a 68 falcon (au import) the guy wasn't happy with the brake booster, until i showed him a print out from the options book that said that a booster was an option,

im pretty sure that the sport suspension with bilstein shocks was still just uprated springs and shocks with adjustable damping, don't think they were adjustable height

stock non adjustables are about $200 a pair,

would ave been nice to get a new set of springs as well though,

the only downside to the mx5 s the lack of power,

a 2l turbo or a small v6 would be nice,

still pretty fun though,

it rained tonight, so i was forced to take it out for a blast, easiest car to handle whilst sliding, its so easy to get it to go where you want :D