hmmmnz's beautiful '63 Vauxhall Velox

yoeddynz

i should do, i swear the fuckers were waiting for me,

there were 2 cop cars and 5 cops, it was kind of scary,

it felt like if they had guns they would have pulled them,

1 car once they had my story took off to check it with the ower of the car,

while the other 3 checked all my details, tutted and shook there heads that i would even think about driving the car on the road,

when the other car cam back and confirmed my story, they looked despondent, and said they wouldnt be crushing the car, but i'd have to have a fine for such irresponsible behaviour,

must have been a very quiet day in hamilton,

not to worry, shit happens, atleast i didnt get pepper sprayed, whacked over the head with a mag light, or bitten by the dogs, (which have all happened before) so i'll count myself lucky in that case :D

ok another pictureless update,

(thanks to the mrs who has gone on holiday an stolen my camera)

finally sorted the clutch actvation,

what a bloody mission, a combo of welding and meccano was needed,

had a wee start up, started up really easily, a bit loud from the dodgy exhaust (have to get it welded back up)

all that is left to do, is wire in a switch for the overdrive, fill the gearbox back up, and change over speedo cables

and she'll be done,

shame i'm on 12 hour days for the next 18 days solid :( (but :) for the money)

• 3 weeks later...

car went for a shakedown run to the exhaust place tonight (work too late so have to drop it off and pick it up tomorrow night)

car behaved itself very nicely,

overdrive worked a treat,

clutch is sweet as a nut, and super light, so light you can't even feel it :D

just got alternator to sort, and she'll be back to te beginning... except with a bigger motor and overdrive,

ready for some tasteful gauges, a new (old original radio) and a bigger carb (still running 2.6 carb at the moment)

fuck im stoked the engine change mission is done, over it really D

How are you finding the 3.3?

I have a vauxhall 3.3 in my prince and find you can pretty much get it into third (my top gear) and never have to worry about shifting down again unless your stopping. Goes from 10mph all the way to my top speed I have done which is 90mph.

Sweet engines.

i ve read a post of yours on the net before regarding the 3.3 in the prince :D

the 2.6 was much the same, quite torquey engines really, not fast by any stretch of the imagination, but solid,

when i had the 2.6 in there, you could leave it in 4th, and even towing a trailer it would just sit at 60mph no matter what,

im liking this overdrive malarky, flick a switch and it changes gear :D its almost .... modern

picked up the velox from the exhaust place,

had to get another muffler fitted, which is a bit of a bugger, but its done now, and he is quiet,

so quiet its almost criminal, almost didnt get home,

what with running constant loss, (buggered alternator)

and being dark,

i was having to flick between lights off and back on when i saw a car :D

made it though, :D alternator on friday when i can get to the wreckers after work

looking forwards to seeing this at the nats if you can make it. This oldschool world needs more old vauxhalls. That yellow viva race car i had, which vivaspeed now owns, had been fitted and raced with a 3.3. Apparantly very solid motors that can be built pretty damn quick