3y-eu running like a sack

Seedy Al

Hey guys, Have a van in here at work, and thought I would chuck this out here to see what poeple think

its a 1987 Town ace with a 3y-eu motor (yuck I know!!)

What its doing is when you go to take off in haste it dies, then you have to go throttle open to get it to start again, Pretty much like its running rich,

I suspect its either the TPS, or the Map sensor. At this point I'm heading toward map sensor. The check engine light doesnt come on or anything, so I dont know if its worth trying to find the diagnoistic plug to bridge the pins and find out what the deal is.??

What do ya'll think it could be? i dont like asking around as a mechanic I SHOULD know these things, but I'm not the best when it comes to these older style fuel injection sustems haha

Hearts and kisses

It could be gummed up in the throttle body itself, maybe the t.p.s could be at fault also. Have you checked the values of the t.p.s with mulitmeter? Like it idles fine if you start it but don't drive anywhere??? Also maybe clogged fuel filter?? I'd suggest checking the basic stuff first like fuel delivery, spark etc ect

Checked the TPS, was working mint, Removed the PCV valve and cleaned the shit out of it, was pretty much not working at all

And also set the timing up a bit better.

Seems ok, hopefully thats te end of it, has made me an angry man haha

Thnks for your helps