longterm accomodition for a couple plus 2 dogs, chch

corey_jorg

if theres anyone out there in christchurch which would be looking for some flatmates etc i would be interested rather than sorting my own house and looking for flatties.

must have a garage to house my project car and enough room for my spare shell.

must be allowed 2x dogs (have fencing if needed) both outside dogs and very good guards dogs.

we are both quiet working people. she works 40 hours and i work 40-70 depending on workload. both dayshift.

prefer over the west side of the 4 aves but am willing to look elsewhere.

Yeap, we've been looking for a house that allows pets + minimum double garage for about 6 months up to $350 and have found nothing worthwhile.

there was one trademe last week, didnt look into it as didnt want to spend that much but 330 from memory and was 17 dix street which is in hornby area. just need to keep a good eye out!

13838475.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• 2 weeks later...

How's the hunt going? We had a look at a house tonight, viewing at 6pm, got an email saying the house was let at 7:33pm. I'd say it was let before we even left the viewing, there were a couple of people that pulled the lady that was showing us the house aside for a quiet word. The search continues.

ill be shifting in may as the house im in will be a damn cold hell hole but have just sold my ute and bike so i dont have to worry about trying to find somewhere with a double garage as its a bitch, you could always get a storage unit for projects etc?

Yeah, it's tricky and annoying. We are right near AMI Stadium and there are tons and tons of storage units around, even one place on the same street but prices around there start at like $140/month for a 20 foot container and it's only close if we stay in the house we are in. Would rather just spend that on a nice double garage.

I've got my partner and another flatmate to worry about as well, they both want their cars in a garage and I'm not leaving the Z sitting outside so we're pretty stuck! They are doing week about at the moment as I paid the bond for the place we are in currently.

Sure, buy a non rooted expensive house that I can't get insurance on in a city I don't really want to keep living in with money the bank won't give me, easy as pie!

ive hit up family members to help top up my kiwisaver savings so i can put a deposit down on a house, but in saying that noone will insure it and i cant even get contents through all the companies ive looked into as they wont insure anything in christchurch.