Scooter head machining

BlownCorona

hey roy, ill make some visits to some local places. otherwise ill be in contact.

thanks.

on a side not, i think djz works at an engineering place? not angling for a deal, just like throwing business to people that i know. if you see this, let me know, same goes for other guys on here that may work in a suitable shop.

is this on a FA50?

if so I believe 2mm off the bottom of the cylinder is a better option... apparently the ports are still partially covered by the piston a bdc...

(Bubblegoose may correct me on this)

[edit]

I had brain fart... you'd need to raise the height of the cylinder (extra base gaskets) and then machine even more off your head/top of the cylinder to compensate...

is this on a FA50?

if so I believe 2mm off the bottom of the cylinder is a better option... apparently the ports are still partially covered by the piston a bdc...

(Bubblegoose may correct me on this)

[edit]

I had brain fart... you'd need to raise the height of the cylinder (extra base gaskets) and then machine even more off your head/top of the cylinder to compensate...

this is correct but will shorten the power stroke, its a fine balance and always a trade off loosing bottom end to gain top end

but one extra base gasket and a cylinder skim isnt going to turn your moped into an unstreetable gp500 winner but may net you a few extra rpm on the way to paknsave