Turbo Skyline - No fuel

slickyddyer

Driving out of town today my skyline died.

Checked spark - roger that

Checked fuel - negative

Towed home and listened for fuel pump - negative

Removed fuel pump and tested it on battery - It works!

So put it back and it won't go.

Just going to point out at this stage its link g4 storm computer powered so no afm or o2 sensor. Dyno tuned and a few cheeky mods.

So I'm thinking a relay or lose wire or computer doing something odd. But I'm no expert. Just a lowly drainlayer. Maybe you are?...

I don't even have a multi meter so this may be beyond me. Pity If I have to take time off work to tow it somewhere and get it sorted! $$$!!! :evil:

What you think?

found computer. Checked all fuses. seem all good. theres 3 relays on it too and they all seem to click when key turned.

found the wire from it to the fuel pump too.

the relay in the boot doesn't seem to click but it may have been disconnected?? looks like the wire to it has been cut and replaced with the one going to the link.

still don't know what its deal is. going to bunnings to get a hose clamp. man the fuel pumps are assholes to take out and put back in!

Yes I'm sure the pump was working when I had it out on a battery

I think its not getting power but I put a multi on it earlier and one of the wires was reading 12v but the one that goes to the link computer

only goes from 0.8v (key off) to 1.8v (key on)

All the relays are clicking by the link computer but not the one in the boot between the tail lights.

Took the relay out (the green boot one) and tested the input wires and they both read 12v (key on) so maybe it needs replacing but who knows. Not me

To start with the basics do you understand how a relay works? Normally there are two terminals that are the switch and there are usually 2 or 3 other terminals, 1 or 2 will go to the load(s) to either ground it or supply 12v and one will either go to ground or to a 12v supply.

Follow the wires from the fuel pump and see where they go, if there is red and black is the black one grounded to the body somewhere? Does the relay look like a factory Nissan one or aftermarket?

So youve got two 12v pins. thats good. those two wires are probably joined just inside the loom

The computer usually doesn't supply power to switch the fuel pump relay. in my cef it is - switched for example

It an earth switch. test continuity between earth and the wire in the boot. relay pin number 1 or 2

The switch will only come on to prime when you turn the key on. then it'll turn off untill the CAS is turned.

• 2 months later...