where to get door hinge pins???

andy

Hello.

As above I am looking for somewhere to buy door hinge pins for my coupe and google has yelded no results. The pins i've removed are 9/32 (7.14mm) dia. but the hinges are a bit flogged so i'm ideally looking for something around 5/16 (7.94mm) and I will mod the hinges to suit. They will need to be about 2 3/4 (~70mm) in length. The oem part has a spline that retains the pin and is scrolled for lube but I can work around this. Any info appreciated.

Cheers.

Andy.

you can buy dome head cap screws?

Why not use a nylock to retain?

Ive not seen dome heads stocked at the lengths I need and I dont really want the hex visable. I guess I could TIG and grind it. I dont mind peening the other end as I figure they have already lasted 62 years so I will be dead by the time they come around again :lol:

Andy.

sounds liek you're on the wrong site then :wink:

ps, dont smash the ends over how about a washer and hitch pin makes the door squillion times less gay to remove

haha. You must be a sparky! Im not planning on ever removing them. That said it will make painting alot easier if they come off. Im thinking maybe machining a groove and putting an E clip to the bottom of the pin.

sounds liek you're on the wrong site then :wink:

ps, dont smash the ends over how about a washer and hitch pin makes the door squillion times less gay to remove

haha. You must be a sparky! Im not planning on ever removing them. That said it will make painting alot easier if they come off. Im thinking maybe machining a groove and putting an E clip to the bottom of the pin.

nope just English

also you just guaranteed that you will need to take the doors off by saying you're not

and yes painting door shuts is a cunt with the doors on