wheel techperts/maths wizz's

shizzl

ok so i get lost with numbers and shit so need a bit of help from those who are onto it..

i need new rims for the ute so they dont stick out of the guards/deck so much..

if a 15x8 rim has 126mm from the hub face to the rear rim lip, what is the distance from the hub face to the front rim lip?

74mm??

anyone know if these will fit a courier? id go measure the distance from the hub face to the guard lip buts its been pissing down here for the last year(over exageration but its fucking wet)

the 8" is the bead to bead measurement so the actual rim will be wider (maybe another 1/4)

so say they are a total width of 8.25" = 209.55mm

then subtract 126mm for the hubface in inner lip = 83.55mm

so in theory there should be 83.55mm of rim sticking out from the hub.

From the info you've given us, it can't be worked out. 8 inches is only the measurement across where the bead sits, the overall width of the wheel from lip to lip will be more, usually about an inch overall.

So, the distance from hub face to inner lip and hub face to outer lip will be greater than 8 inches, or 203mm. As a rough estimate, I'd say you have about 4 inches outer (101.6), 5 inches inner (127mm close to what you say) giving about 9 inches overall lip to lip and +25.4 offset.

But just guessing.