4k running rough-missing

DangerousPerson

Just found an online parts book for Bosch and found this

Corolla 80 - 88 4K 4 1.3L SU12R - This is the one I had on (but doesn't seem to have a resistor anywhere) and am having the troubles. Also I don't have the terminal on my starter to benefit from it so have got an SU12 which I was gonna put in tomorrow, then I read on and found this-

Corolla (KE70) 81 - 87 4KC 4 1.3L 0 221 119 030- So now I'm wondering if I'm better to try find that coil or just run the SU12?

So lost....

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I think the best option is to run a non balast coil and wire it correctly from the ignition.

After looking under tha dash of your car I am fairly sure that the problem is due to a bad wire somewhere.

You could wire a ballast system but with what you have It's going to take a bit of work.

So I got the new SU12 coil in, patched up some fucking shoddy wiring and found a there were three wires in total going to the + terminal of the coil and only one that actually had power to it. The charge light (has never come on since I've owned it) started working again momentarily but stopped as soon as the ignition was put back in the barrel but meh.

Car is running absolutely brilliantly now and doesn't miss or stutter or anything! So bloody stoked.

Cheers Pete for your help and you were absolutely right. Thanks also to everyone else who contributed.

Some pics of wiring for LOLZ. As you can see, nearly every wire has been spliced. Good stuff.

Badly spliced wire

SAM_5184.jpg

Switch that did absolutely nothing.

SAM_5183.jpg

Spaghetti with splices, loose wires that lead nowhere and general poor quality.

SAM_5185.jpg

Going to have to tidy this shit up one day.....

Oh and video of it running mint if you feel the need to view.

th_SAM_5188.jpg

Coil is fitted in properly not just hanging in like in the vid.