Auto trans problems

Guest Zeb

Hey ladies

3speed auto transmission in my Cressida has been playing up pretty bad, for the last 2-3 weeks it hasn't been using 2nd/3rd until fully warm, and then they need to be selected manually before they'll work (which initially would take ~5min, but now it won't engage them until it's been running for upwards of 20 minutes.., and will do it again if the car is turned off briefly). Not knowing a lot about autos and being rather hopeful I thought maybe the filter could be blocked up such that when it warms up, fluid gets thinner and therefore passes through easier. So replaced that, new clean fluid and it hasn't changed much, it does however run a lot smoother - in first. There was a lot of metal dust in the sump, and the fluid that came out was pretty filthy. Also note that this box only went in the car a month ago, was from a wrecked mx73 so could have been sitting for some time. It drove mint from Napier to Dunedin and only really developed issues once I got back.

So yeah, is it fucked? Or is there a possible easy fix?

And does anyone is Dunedin or near have another that would work. The car had an A43D factory but I believe the one in there now is an A44??

Cheers

what you're experiencing is fucked trans-itis , it's comes about after the trans achieves A.I.D.S *anal injected death sentence* this intern is because your trans has been born or turned G.A.Y,

G.A.Y stands for *got aids yet* and can come about by your transmission being completely fucked in the arse.

A.I.D.S is incurable so you should find a trans that is less G.A.Y and replace it quickly,

both types of trans auto and manual can be G.A.Y at times so choose wisely as if your replacement is flogged out your shit will be slipping