Buying shocks in Whakatane

Bent or repco are pretty much your only options for buying locally. But most places probably have access to the same suppliers. Ill try remember to have a look in our listings at work today. When I got all my stuff I found autoline in tauranga helpful.

Sweet. Ideally I'm looking for shocks with a higher damping rate than the current ones.

Hopefully the people at Repco can help me and won't just stare at me blankly.

Maybe I'll have a browse through some catalogues so I have a good idea of what my options might be...

Go see Jim at the shock shop hes a GC

Is he the same guy who was there 5 years ago? If so, I wasn't impressed when I last dealt with him, and haven't heard great things from other people tbh. Perhaps things have changed. Might be worth calling in and investigating.

Larry - yeah I know that firmer shocks aren't the answer to my diff hitting the floor. But my current ones are poked so I need new shocks anyway. I've used firmer damping in the front so I figured I may as well get a higher damping rate for the back as well.

Kindest regards,

Michael.

Edit: Oh and it's not my diff hitting the floor, it's the flange at the end of the driveshaft. Looks like I'm probably going to have to either raise it 10 mm and see how I get on or cut my floor and get a section welded in higher to clear the driveshaft. :rolleyes:

Just had a quick browse through the autolign listings we've got here.

Would Datsun 610 be the same as 180B?

Yeah it is. The 610 is the first model of 180B. My wagon is a 1976.

Ta.

Also on another note, it looks like I may want to increase the spring rate to stop my driveshaft/diff from contacting the floor. Would it be worth looking into coilover shocks, or am I better off getting a leaf added to the pack to increase the rate? (Potentially this should be in tech section).

RE; leaf spring tech - Perhaps would be a good idea to start a tech thread, I have no idea regarding datsuns.

180B/610 wagon listing for some Monroe Reflexs pn#15-0312 are no longer available according to Autolign. I'd say you'd want something a bit stiffer than Reflexs(I think these are supposed to be the same as factory etc).

If you could grab a few quick measurements and give Julian at Mt Maunganui Autolign (07)5743159 a call I've found him to be extremely helpful, and should be able to find something a bit stiffer and correct lengths/ends.

He should just need roughly what extended and compressed length, and the bottom eye and stud measurements approx.

I ended up with Vanette shocks in the back of the GSR and stiffer Corolla in front.

Hope that might help. Keen to check out your shit one day.