vinz etc. plates, tags

danger

Anyone got access to VINZ database?

Also, if you have any legal issues or doubts with me, fuck off now and dont read this post you crybabys

I know the full history and all the jokers who have owned it etc so its all legit.

My ponty was written off and deregistered by AMI in a crash in the early 90s when it hit a bridge and twisted the chassis/ munted RH guard. Was bought by a mate of mine who wrecked old cars. He had a rusted out 68 with live reg. He put the 66 body on the 68 chassis, used the plates and tags and seats and got a new guard.

I dont mind boozing the car up on 68 plates, I'll get WOFs etc sweet and I doubt a cop would know the difference. But as I've started a pretty serious resto on it i'd rather have the correct year plates.

I can get a 66 chassis tag off a LHD pillarless. Mines a RHD with pillars.

Would the LHD/RHD be in the VINZ register if I try to revin it?

usually the chassis number will depict things like whether it's LHD, RHD, export market, factory it was assembled in, year/month assembled etc, so someone clued up on Pontiacs may pick that the chassis tag is from a LHD model, but I don't think it's recorded on the LTSA system whether it's LHD or RHD, but the chassis number itself will be recorded for all to see.

It is illegal from a law point of view, but out of the two tags available the '66 LHD one would probably go more un-noticed than the 68 one.

Yeah I know its illegal etc. Dont care, the cars not stolen. its just a GM tag so its only a number, no details but I'd like to know what info VINZ has on it. Might go have a yarn at VTNZ, theres a friendly guy there

from what i recall from beetles, was that the plates stick with the chassis, the body is just accessories

in any case, the age of the car will probably work in your favour. the chassis code in my brothers landcrab was stamped by hand all out of kilter