GA15 oil leak

OSM Garage

Hey Team

Has any one worked on Nissan's GA15 engine?

I have a Lucino that has an oil leak. It seems to be coming from behind the front cover but is hard to see. I will be pulling the inner guards off at some point to look closer but at the moment I wanted to see if anyone in the oldschool community has worked on a similar, if not exact, issue.

Are these engines common to leak from this area?

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, it is fairly common, there are two o-rings in behind the front cover that leak. They're part number 150665E510 and they're about $25 each from you local Nissan dealer. My missus' car is leaking from there, but it's not too bad, so I'm putting it off untill it gets worse, or I get her a new car.

yup same here - got a '92 pulsar with GA15DS. Was weeping pretty severely from the cover. I ended up taking my chances with another cover from pickapart ($9) and that sorted it.

Now there's an oil leak from somewhere else. I really CBF with it. My driveway does not approve.

are you talking about the rocker cover leaking or the front timing cover leaking.I replaced the rocker cover gasket as could smell oil burning .The smell dissapeared when i did it but now has returned and i am thinking these seals you are talking about are the culprit !

• 1 month later...