odd vibrations in car

Beaver

so if it does turn out to be the wheels not locating properly and "flailing" (made me lol), then Il need to get some locating rings (or whatever to he cool kids call them) made up yeh?

Yup. I think I have a set of them in a drawer at the workshop, but probably not the right size for your rig.

The easiest test is to simply swap back to your old wheels and see if the problem goes away. The centre bore size may have nothing to do with your vibration, but it is worth a check.

Does anyone know a place in Auckland to make adapters to reduce spigot hole size .After reading this I think it may be my problem .My spigot hole of wheels is to big and Iget a random shake of death. It comes on out of the blue at various speeds

ah crickey, sorry fellas.

well i put the original wheels on and was like bam! the dirt is gone etc, thought it had fixed it. but after driving it for more than 5mins etc, it was apparent that it had not changed at all.

the next plan was to pull out the rear halfshafts and inspect/replace the UJs, (there are 2 on each side), and the same with the propshaft.

but I couldnt get the bolts of the flanges so instead greased up all of the UJs that had nipples (hehe nipples), which was in innter halfshafts ones, and the rear propshaft one. havnt yet drivin it at highway speeds (which is when it vibrates) so unsure if this has helped.

So will take for a hoon this week and see what happens.

in other news, it now has non fag spec emmision carbs and runs a lot better.