4age fault

tim13

Bluetops have 2 VR sensors in the dizzy, no crank sensor

Also with 20v's if you have a strange fault you cannot diagnose first place to check leaky caps in the ECU

And appart from the crappy wax idle valves Bluetop injection is very simple and doesn't give much trouble

While I agree the ignition could retard abit off idle, it should still advance fairly quickly with a rev, which it sounds like it is not doing here?

mine would retard like a retard when you hit the gas, as mentioned.

so we set it up with crazy advance to get it to run ok enough to drive, but it would advance up to amillion deg so we'd knock it back to something less stupid

and it wouldnt run cos it was doing the retard thing.

a shame we necer got a scope on it but changed everything else sensors etc, except for major mechanical engine parts.

try another tooth each way on dizzy

try another tooth each way on cam

so on and so forth

mostly at 1am trying to get home round the south coast with no cell reception

but always ending up back at square one: silly retarding issue.

me was confuse.

now i carby skids.

should say I sold my wrx and bought a spitfire cause sick of bizare (expensive) stuff and like low tech and adjustable ................. first thing that happens electronic ignition craps out so now fully low tech points , condensor , carbs ...... may even go mechanical fuelpump !

but I still want to sort the fxgt for a mate , he is hunting a tps to borrow , double checked camtiming all good , timing just retards to nothing and doesnt start to advance until throttle is released ....... any masochists in chch who need something to take their minds off earthquakes ! ideal candidate works cheap and late and has own supply of 4age parts !!!!!

timing just retards to nothing and doesnt start to advance until throttle is released

That makes it sound like you have a vacuum retard situation

no vacuum advance on ae82 unless triggered by map sensor ? but map sensor appears to be working fine

UPDATE , got a call from owner last night , was driving car when idle suddenly jumped from 1500 to over 3k , he has adjusted idle and seems to be running sweet so appears to have fixed itself (holding breath) he is going to check timing and advance to confirm