coldturkey's Futuristic 'Goon

coldturkey

This just arrived from Japan. It is boss as.

2.5 V6 Turbo. Freakin fast despite being large, shame they only made em auto.

Import process is interesting and at times confusing! But have been through it now and willing to share experience if anyone has questions.

These are pictures of it in Japan after my Auction Agents took ownership of it.

Edited: Changed to Thumbnails so it doesnt rape bandwidth.

th_CIMG0740.jpgth_CIMG0738.jpgth_CIMG0742.jpg

th_CIMG0736.jpgth_CIMG0735.jpg

Heh well i'd say its a rumour, Nissan themselves never marketed or sold any Stageas here so all of the Stageas in New Zealand are imported, and there are lots of Turbo ones here already. Didn't notice/do anything special whilst getting compliance.

Yeah I saved a bit of coin importing it, but its not outrageously cheaper and it has it's risks. I'd recommend it if you can get a good enough deal on the purchase price, and if you can wait a couple months for the vehicle to arrive.

a vehicle that wasn't sold by a dealer in the country it was imported into.

totally irrelevant when talking about stageas as theres atleast 1 on every street these days :lol:

The newer series such as this one are fucking cool though, my mate has the slammed white one from hams on mesh rims, can confrim the turbo ones get up an boogy pretty nicely

yeah some are definitely 2wd, but I don't think you can get 2wd turbo versions.

Its a pretty cool 4wd system though, it is 2wd all the time until it senses the wheels are about to lose grip and then it delivers a bit of power to the front wheels. Theres a cool little gauge that displays how much torque is being sent to the front wheels.

Factory boost gauge is broke though :(

Gave it a full service yesterday, damn they don't make anything easy in modern cars. Can see why workshops charge such crazy prices for a service. Had to unbolt half the intake just to replace the air filter, and the undercarriage to get the oil filter off.

Noticed one of the CV boots has split really badly and leaking grease everywhere. Dont really want to attempt it myself, on an older car I would but I dont want to break anything. Wonder what Nissan would sting me to replace it. Or would I better off taking it to another workshop

Any decent work shop will be able to do it as its very common for them to split. From memory I think we charge about 1 hour labour plus $25 for the boot, so someone near where you are should be able to do it for about $110.

Car is at workshop today getting CV boot replaced, and service of transmission. Im paying someone to do mechanic work on my car, WTF?

I think this is actually the first time in my life. But I figure, meh, they know what they are doing, especially when it comes to autoboxes etc. And since I got a quote and know what im in for its not gonna sting me tooooo bad.

The auto box in these really lets it down tbh. A bit of research reveals a common valve body upgrade improves it a million times, or R32,33,34 GTR boxes will bolt up to the transfer case but need custom bellhousing...hm.