Anonymoose's '87 S12 Nissan Silvia ZX Turbo

NicT

Yeah the 46 is up for sale right now :wink: If it sells the s12 will get it hard and fast. It's a ca18 sohc, not that fast at all but suprisingly slidey. Also a wheel auction ends in 2hours so may have something to refurb that is very different

Still not decided on suspension, I got quotes from GAZ for this shit:

Option 1 - Custom coilovers - 800 ish (forgot to ask if that was with oem arms etc or a swap still required)

Option 2 - Re-valved standard fronts and custom rear shocks with custom springs all round - 400 ish

Option 3 - S13 swap - Found a couple of 13's breaking on egay so parts are there, haven't heard back about prices though and I'd still need to get coils or do option 2

I think it may be well worth it to do the swap for spares etc, although I like the idea of keeping it original, only thing is it wouldn't be adjustable so I'd/they'd have to get it perfect or I'll hate it everytime I look at it :)

Thoughts?

Sweet man, looks tidy as.

Adjustable coilovers would be sweet, but you'll probably just set them and new touch them again. Plus I think they wear out quicker too, especially over there with the salt. It will probably make it handle well if you get a good setup, but not much better than decent springs and revalved shocks to suit.

Shit that E46 is slammed to shit. You must be from Whangarei.

Fuck that bimmer is low alright!!! And you live in london village...with all them bloody annoying judder bars (sleeping police man...)

The S12 looks nice but that bimmer looks choice even though its a posh new one. I had a E34 estate and miss it dearly.

The S12- they must be fairly rare in the UK now eh? or at least very rusty. Looks like you got a mighty fine score there.

Kuni - if it turns out anything like the coils on my wagon, I tweak them almost every week hah. The standard suspension feels real good atm even though its old etc, has new shocks in the rear and I'm thinking refurbed ones up front coz it's so firm, just need more low... I'll do some more looking around, have to save for a while anyways. Salt sux but I'll be washing it down every time it's out in winter. Did you see my van drifts on FB last winter, it's crazy with snow on the roads!

yoeddynz - yeah there's a fair few speedbumps around, I just know the roads I use or google/street view if I don't know them. Doesn't have my lip on in that pic which makes it about 30mm off the ground up front mud flap things are like 10mm but are just plastic/rubber :lol: And yeah to be honest in my whole life I've only ever seen this one and another that was for sale at the same time for 3000, standard of course, have seen drift spec or full blown ones going for miwions. Oooo e34's are hot, throw up a pic!

How do you guys get on with stretch/poke and lowered cars these days? Is it still no stretch, tyres have to be inside guards and 100mm from the ground at any point?

PS Didn't win the wheels, some cunt bid in the last few seconds, my internets were to slow and they don't have auto extend :evil: There's one more set still going though so fingers crossed

yoeddynz - Oooo e34's are hot, throw up a pic!

Here ya go. Most modern car I have ever owned and normally I wouldn't but we just couldn't resist it! We paid 900 quid and shit it was a good car. Seen a couple of these around here but boy people want alot for em. And I dont think NZ got the 525tds like this- only petrol guzzlers.

We will have another next time we are over there. Such a cruiser.

bmwfrontns.jpg

bmwside.jpg

bmwback.jpg

from start of 99 to end of 09 less some time in france/italy etc. I'll be back maybe next year for a few months in summer- I wanna watch the tour de france again. love it.

Hey if your into old jap cars contact the guys on exile-rotorsport.com Many kiwis/aussies on there- good bunch. Regular drinking meets in london town. Obviously into rotors but really they like anything old and cool.

Sweet ride man, love the mkII look with the more aggressive bonnet and aero skirts.

Check out the output some of the S12OC guys (S12 owners club - an English forum) are getting from CA18DE+T setups...

Also, if you haven't done so - have a look and perhaps even register here. There is an absolute goldmine of info between all the related forums.

http://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?action=forum

Yeah thanks man I've been perving on there a lot, when I first saw the car for sale any time I searched anything that site came up, it is a fucking gold mine. I'll be using their diys for sure.

On a side note, I cracked a sweet deal, searching for things and stuff I found a set of 40mm lowering springs with front shocks for 40 :shock: Picking them up tomorrow. They're in a lot better condition than my currents so cheap as fuck upgrade + a little lows = small win while I get parts together for proper lowerage :)

Yoeddynz - Checked the site out, holy shit did you see this, fucking want

http://exile-rotorsport.com/viewtopic.php?t=2143

Yeah those cunts aye. Will get a pic once I do a clean up/semi tuck/paint. Been shiiiiiiiit weather here lately and haven't been able to swap the springs in and tidy things and stuff, still on the lookout for wheels but might have an option for yahoo.jp. If that happens, BAM

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet aye, still not into mis-matched wheels but after looking around I can see why you'd run them, so many pairs vs full sets for sale. Can't wait to suss out some proper wheels later this year :bounce:

Raining today so I drove the silvia in, guy in a car had the WTF face going on after I'd pass him then roll full circle around the large roundabouts before going the same way and passing him again. Getting the feel of it though, I can nearly slide all the way then carry on off the roundabout, so fun

• 3 years later...