4age dizzy not advancing

griff666

i have a ke36 with bluetop 4 ageout of mr2, had stuffed head when i got it so got an ae85 bare engine and swapped dizzy manifolds etc over, took it to get timed up and the mechanic told me the distributor isnt advancing but he timed it anyway and now it is slower than before???

does it still have the diagnostic plug? short e1 and te1 (i think, has been years since i done it last) should pull timing out so you can set base timing.. so if it does nothing (should pull timing and idle slower) probably in diagnostic mode already. which basicly means your stuck at 10 degrees advance. or what ever your mechanic dude set it to

does it still have the diagnostic plug? short e1 and te1 (i think, has been years since i done it last) should pull timing out so you can set base timing.. so if it does nothing (should pull timing and idle slower) probably in diagnostic mode already. which basicly means your stuck at 10 degrees advance. or what ever your mechanic dude set it to[/qu

yea it has diagnostic plug, what do you mean by short e1 and te1

if nothing at all happened when you tried to put it in diagnostic mode. that's your problem. which probably means, these wires are shorted somewhere else. put a multi meter across them and measure the resistance, to see if there is a short there. or maybe your ecu is stuffed. or having a mare because something else is not right