4g63 l200 vs 4g63 Sigma ?

4evaevo

it should be the same engine, it could be that the L200 engine is more tired than the Sigma engine - that or the L200 weighs more than the Sigma.

Depending on the year differences they may have different compression ratios and different spec carburettors etc, but as far as I know the cylinder heads, ports and cams will be the same.

oh right, yeah the FWD Sigma 4G63s have a higher compression ratio than the older RWD 4G63s, and if it's an 87 onwards with 'CYCLONE' badging they supposedly have bigger ports and valves too.

A cam, port work, bigger valves, higher compression ratio, better carb(s) and extractors would wake the L200 4G63 up.

some of the power difference will be because the l200 is losing more power with the rwd configuration (drivetrain loss) ie the wheels are closer to the engine in the fwd setup so not as much power is used up trying to turn the wheels, but yes many factors will cause this condition of engine, specs of add on parts etc etc but the basic block and head are the same

best thing i ever did to my sigma motor i had in my ex lancer was to put a weber 32/36dgav carb off a mk4/5 cortina went so much better just bolting that (with the adaptor) on and tuning

yes the FWD head will fit onto the L200 but the compression ratio difference is in the pistons. You would need to double check that the port and valve sizes are the same between the two, this is just from a few people who have claimed this but I have yet to see for myself.

yes the 32/36 DGAV is from the Pinto.

I bigger cam makes a huge difference even if everything else remains the same.Its easy to get headers for them (i hav a spare set if needed) and the 32/36 dgv carbs are a great upgrade fromn the shit standard ones.I have 2 LA lancers, one has the older 4g63 and the other has the cyclone fwd engine and i have to say that the cyclone engine does seem to go alot better and revs better.Maybe the myth of larger valves is correct although i guess the added compression would be having the same influence.