Ca18det conversion questions Fuel Boost Etc

MK2-8-U

I have a few Qs regarding CAs. With my engine now mounted up in the b1600, I am onto the part i have been dreading, the wiring, as alost all of my my previous engines have been pre 1980 tech.

My engine came with 444cc GTR injectors, if this is the case i need a resistor pack right? and how can I tell if they are GTR

My Afm is set up next to my throttle body, can i run it in my I/C piping after the BOV so i dont have to run a plumb back? i dont mind either way its just where its located but CBF moving it if i dont have to.

Also, apparently this engine made 185kw on standard boost. It has has a T28 and with the 444 injectors and the computer has been remaped/gizmo chipped, what power sort of power am I looking at with a hike in boost to say 12-13 psi? Just want to know so i can get a fuel pump to suit

Sorry for all the questions but computers and boost blow my mind. No doubt there will be more questions so thanks in advance

i dunno about gtr injectors but im pretty sure they are low impedence aswell so yes . they are prettty common im running a honda one atm.

im not 100% sure afm like running under boost conditions , if you want to use it that way you'll have to tune the ecu so it understands the signal. i had a think about doing that then gave up etc .

yup can run unplumbed bov so long as the air hasnt been metered yet by the afm .

185kw? thats pretty generous although my engine is stock im running 11psi and i doubt im even pushing 200hp

I very much doubt there would be enough temp compensation in the system to cope with running the AFM after the turbo, you should be fine with a good quality vent to atmosphere BOV so long as it's not leaking at idle.. (it may run a tiny bit rich when changing gears). also the transient back/forward air flow may well damage it the AFM. I'd suggest you leave it pre turbo for best results.

Chuck a multimeter on the injectors, somewhere around 2 ohms is low imp and high imp will be nearer 11 ohms.

I'm not even going to comment on power, other than the fact that a drop in 255 l/hr walbro fuel pump will be more than enough fuel unless you are chasing 300+ kw.

Gtir T28 + 444cc (Gtir injectors) + filter, cooler, exhaust & decent ECU will scrape 200kw at rims on a good engine/tune but it will be around 17-18psi and will be at a high injecter duty cycle. I would say the dyno was reading a bit high if it was making 185kw on 7-9psi.

Fuel pump, I was going to run a Bosch 910. Bosch 044 are cheap on trademe and would be way big enough. The Bosch pumps have rumours of being better than the Walbro, one reason is the Walbro doesnt like to run dry at all... you shouldn't run it dry anyways but yeah.

Gaz