MITSUBISHI flywheels n clutches

be4ver

hey i have an ex lancer im putting a 4g63 na into, the engine is from an auto RVR which has a 7 bolt crank so ive got an evo 7 bolt flywheel for it.

so can any one tell me what clutch would be best to use?

its not going to be producing big power so i dont need anything awesome. i can get a near new rvr clutch pressure plate and release bearing for pretty cheap but i have no idea if it will fit and its at the other end of nz.

any input here would be sweet a my project has pretty much ground to a halt till i get the clutch and can put the engine and gbox in

Take flywheel into BNT or Partmaster etc and just get a standard kit. should be under 200 just say you work for "abc" workshop and ask for trade.

you dont need better than standard for a street car and if you pay 500 plus for heavy duty all you get is a stronger pressure plate.

Clutch Industries in auckland is good but sort your facts before calling places like that as if you sound like you dont know what your doing youll pay for it.

just use the ring gear from a 4g32,4g15 on the evo flywheel. this will make the starter line up..... then use evo cover and what ever clutch plate...

i actuley have a evo 3 flywheel witch will fit your motor setup with the correct ring gear and brand new spigot bearing also a good cover plate and a new l200 clutch plate. I would sell it all for a good price. 027 843 1163.

• 4 months later...

well, i should have just changed the ring gears over in the first place huh! never mind ive got it sorted now, got a pretty much new rvr clutch off trademe for 100bucks and the thing fitted mint. just had to grind a bit of the bell housing out so the clutch cover would clear. now its all bolted together and ready to put in the dam car and wire up n shit