weber 32/36 not idling

BlownCorona

When the idle screw is wound all the way in - the car should stall and refuse to start without gas.

With the idle screw 3-4 turns out - it should run rough and idle crappy. If the idle screw makes no difference - your jets are waaay out or you have a float level problem (or a screwed enrichment valve like mine). Sounds to me like your idle jets are too small or you have a vacuum leak somewhere

Are your plugs fouled at all after attempting to idle it for a bit?

ok so just went and had another look at the idle jets, i have a 45 primary and 50 secondary. this should be pretty perfect and definitely not present the issues i have.

so full run down on whats going on since ive been all over the place.

i cannot get the carb to idle at any speed, i expect if i went to something crazy like 3k it would but thats just stupid.

in order to keep the engine running i need to PUMP the gas pedal.

when driving it feels jerky when on the primary and when i open the secondarys up i get a spluttering sound that reminds me of a modern drift cars rev limiter or something along those lines.

when i wind out the primary idle jets holder bolt i can get a pretty smooth idle and really nice performance from the carb, just i get run on/dieseling and i noticed that the engine can actually start to spin backwards. besides, those bolts are supposed to be wound right in.

might also put this in place of the first post.