Map sensor help

spanners

So I am using BT 20v quads on a beams motor. I dont really wanna run a map sensor but am going to, hopefully it makes tuning easier.

What I wanted to know is whether i should us a standard 20v one or if an aftermarket one is going to be any better. If the toyota one is ok, does anybody have one for sales?

I intend to run both the map and the vac line to the brake booster off the two small dia outlets on the TBs for cyls 1 and 4. Is this going to be sufficient or am I going to have to drill into all of then and run like a 5mm ID line across the whole lot? I dont want to drill into TBs or into manifold if its not needed.

Thanks

I assume you'll be using an aftermarket ecu, which will have a map sensor built in.

I can't reall yhelp with how to get vacuum, because I haven't been able to get any on my throttle setup but there are ports off the throttles that you might be able to use. I have small tubes welded to the intake runners, to an accumulator and it has no vacuum anywhere off idle. I guess it might be better with a pelnum/sealed air box.

With closed throttles you still get normal vacuum, enough to run a brake booster, it just falls away as soon as you open the throttles.

In a car like a kp you could get away with no booster though, depending on the brake setup/system you are running. I don't use one on my Chevette and I think its fine, but some others who have driven it disagree.

booster will be fine. i run mine off both outside vac points on top of the throttles. cant come off those ones on the bottom of throttles. for map signal, best weld/tap a line off each runner in manifold. then will need to damper the signal, using a chamber/damper of some sort. do worry too much about lag on map signal with the dampering , can be tuned around. also don't run the booster off the same point, map needs to be on its own. fuel pressure reg, can just run a flat pressure so don't need vac signal

but, your going to run into the usual problem, with itb's. you will run out of vac somewhere after 50% throttle. so need tps to take over from there

its usually whole lot easyer to tune in tps only. i run my 4a like this