South Island Drag Racing Champs - Sunday 24th October

EFI_LC

• 3 weeks later...

I had a great time eventually after I did some tuning

Started off running a few low 14 second passes then checked and altered the tune a bit then ran a 13.3@103mph and a 13.4 then made another small adjustment and then ran a PB for the old 202 Torana.

12.995@106.85mph on a 1.997 60ft and 8.373 half track.

I ran a couple of more low 13's at 107mph but had trouble with traction as i was trying to launch pretty hard on my Bridgestone 205x60x14's street rubber.

I finished 2nd overall

I am over the moon :)

Shit Graham, well done!

now imagine what that motor in the chevette will do.....haha

LOL... imagine it with forced induction in the chevette ;)

Maybe...

12 second torana! Congrats mate! I've got a lot of catching up to do now!

LOL... 4.1 litres and twice the cylinders would be interesting ;)

Nice work! Damn that's a cracker of a time.

Yea it was a day of mixed feelings as it started off not so good but finished on a high.

I thought you may have been there, what happened mate, it was a good track with good grip.

Sweet, that's good, still can't get over that time, must be so pumped on it. Yea I had been getting the car ready all week for it but ran out of funds due to unforseen circumstances which was bit gutted about. Will def be at next one.

Nice work! Damn that's a cracker of a time.

Yea it was a day of mixed feelings as it started off not so good but finished on a high.

I thought you may have been there, what happened mate, it was a good track with good grip.

Sweet, that's good, still can't get over that time, must be so pumped on it. Yea I had been getting the car ready all week for it but ran out of funds due to unforseen circumstances which was bit gutted about. Will def be at next one.

The next one I think you need to pre enter online as its the 4,6 an rotas otherwise it costs heaps more.

Yea to be honest I thought I would never beat my 13.1 PB and i was pretty happy with the 105mph in Motueka, this is only the second time I have abused this gearbox and the first time the diff has been working properly and with the mph I reckon a better launch would see it lower but I am not going to push it as this little engine is the fastest 202 N/A on the street in NZ :D

Lol @ mutiny