DRAGS! Saturday, October 2nd powerbuilt raceway, ruapuna.

RUNAMUCK

Drags saturday October 2nd.

Gate entry $10 (including racers) $40 carload of 5 (kids under 12 FREE)

Racer entry $40 + $20 day license (or $75 for a 12month NZDRA sportsman license)

Enter off Leggits rd.

gates open 12pm

Racer entry/scrtineering ends 1:30pm

Practise from 1:45pm

racing 2:30pm

To race you'll need;

Helmet- In reasonable condition

WOF & REG

A Radiator overflow bottle that can't spill coolant onto the track.

Two accelerator return springs for carburated cars

Sensible footware.

IF, you have no wof or reg and still want to race, PM me promptly. I'll give you the number of an NZDRA aproved tech inspector here in CHCH. For a fee (I think it's $30) He'll inspect your car. (like a basic safety check, but waay easier than wof, don't even need an exhaust system) Then you send away the form you get to the NZDRA and you get a log book which lasts 12 months. (log book costs $20-$30 I think)

IF you want to do this, do it soon! If you need to get your log book on the day at the track it'll cost you $50. It's well worth doing if your car spends lots of time with no wof or rego. Or if it's too modified to pass a wof.

Visit www.pegasusbaydrags.co.nz

See you there!

October

Sunday 24th South Island Champs/ Date Confirmed.

Rain date Monday 25th

November

Saturday 20th ~ The 4,6,and Rotary Warz

December

Friday Night Drag Warz ~ (To be announced)

January

Saturday 29th 2011 Date Confirmed.

Sunday 30th 2011 Date Confirmed.

February

Sunday 20th Date Confirmed (4s and rotary nationals.)

March

Saturday 12th Kevin Mac Muscle car /Hot Rod Challenge/ Date Confirmed

April

Sunday 17th (Sylvester Street Import / Street Muscle Battle)/Date Confirmed

I'll be there... just replaced a seal on my diff and I am using a noisy old spare diff as my good one only got finished last night and not enough time to get things done, driveshaft was rebalanced so that should take care of the vibrations that made me pull out from last meeting...

I think I have a new addiction haha... That was so fun! Boy is drag racing a whole lot different than I imagined. Good to meet Bart and Graham (cheers for the tips!). Am amping for the next meet now and keen to make a some changes before it to.

Basically got 2 runs of 15 flat with loads of wheelspin, so chilled on the lauches and changed techniqued and dropped to a 14.2, then did a best of 13.8 for today. Keen to change rear wheels for next meet for more traction and keep on sorting out lauch techniques as need more practice.

Basically got 2 runs of 15 flat with loads of wheelspin, so chilled on the lauches and changed techniqued and dropped to a 14.2, then did a best of 13.8 for today. Keen to change rear wheels for next meet for more traction and keep on sorting out lauch techniques as need more practice.

yeah you may need some differant tyres on the rear with a lower pressure

and maybe try a lower boost on the launches.

what tyres where you running?

but all in all mate a 13.8 on you 1st day out is pretty

good you have to happy with that.

dan

Yea planning some smaller rims with bigger tires, currently running 205/40/17's...

Unsure how to setup lower boost on just the launches before research but for now keen to keep getting the hang of things on the track. I had a blast and stoked on the time. It certainly is alot different talking up a time then getting out there and doing it.

Yea planning some smaller rims with bigger tires, currently running 205/40/17's...

Unsure how to setup lower boost on just the launches before research but for now keen to keep getting the hang of things on the track. I had a blast and stoked on the time. It certainly is alot different talking up a time then getting out there and doing it.

good on you mate.

keen to see the times come down for you

and see what times you can get out off it.

cheapest way for boost launch is to grab

a turbosmart duel boost controller looks just like the standard

boost controller but you have 2 dials and a switch inside the car

so you canb set a low booost for launch and the flick the switch

for higher boost.

use to run one on my old mazda and it seemed to do the job

dan

I got a vid of that run .

I'm pleased you experimented with the launches as it gave you a nice time for first up, when looking for tires you might want to maybe look at ones with soft and high sidewalls so you get some movement in the sidewalls as it helps you go a little more agressive.