drums to disc brakes

dave123456789

1st dont underestimate the drums

2nd good planning for upgrading :P

3rd the cert guys will runs some basic test like stopping distance and fade (or heated stops) to ensure upgrade is indeed just that

4th proper pads and fluid can over come this from the start...

5 shouldn't be too difficult.. but I have nfi as I never done it before so all of the above might as well be ignored unless confirmed buy real mechanics... (or a chosen boe)

Holden hate aside, Is there a Prince or Nissan vehicle that is similar to yours that had factory discs that you can swap to yours? That would be a good place to start.

Talk to the person certing it before you do anything, find out what they want to see.

Your car will have to pass a fairly basic test. as I remember its much the same as a WOF test with 3 hard stops from 100 kmh straight after another as well.

back onto your problem dave,

probly best bet to take some photo's of your set up (post em up with imageshack.us or something),

your backing plates will unbolt from the stubs and then it will just be a matter of adding longer studs

dropping a disc on making a calliper mount and changing your master cyclinder to suit.

shouldn't be too hard or there may be a bolt in swap search the net for gloria disc brakes.

On the 308,

if its a good motor that hasn't been molested do it,

I've had a couple and with a cam extractors and a little head work yours will throw that gloria along,

there are countless turboed 308's in aussie making huge power so can these guys all be wrong?

My 2C but if i haven't had direct experience with something or supporting evidence I try not to comment.

The S54 6cylinder Prince Skyline GT's had front discs as standard. The Grand Gloria in Japan had them standard also.

In NZ the later A30 series Nissan Gloria (1967-69) had front discs. Not sure how easy they would be to find nowdays, or if they would be an easy fit, but the A30 Gloria's were a Prince, but badged as a Nissan as they were released after the merger date.