Starion Struts into an EX lancer

Southerner

ok so i bolted in my 1200 crossmember today and the main drag link doesnt hit it :D .

copyofp1010775.jpg

so this distance is to big on the starion crossmember causing it to hit. Does anybody know if the distance on the sigma/1600 crossmember is the same or is it small like the lancer 1200?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

my setup is 1200 crossmember. starion lower arms and struts. all standard lancer steering. Starion sway bar. have not had any problems. possibly over thinking a reasonably simple task.

only thing i had to fabricate for 1200 xmember in my whole conversion was the passenger side engine mount for that starion engine. all pretty much bolts together like lego

my setup is 1200 crossmember. starion lower arms and struts. all standard lancer steering. Starion sway bar. have not had any problems. possibly over thinking a reasonably simple task.

only thing i had to fabricate for 1200 xmember in my whole conversion was the passenger side engine mount for that starion engine. all pretty much bolts together like lego

i tried to use the starion crossmember so that i didnt have to make custom mounts on the crossmember. So i can either use a 1600 crossmember or make custom mounts on the 1200 one. thnks

• 1 month later...

I have probably hit the reverse of this problem in my sigma.

You may have already sorted your problem but I think the idler arm and steering arm (from box) are too long.

I have just tried fitting 1600 Lancer struts to my Sigma (Dont ask) and is next to impossible. Sadly.

After I changed the bottom steering knuckle from 2 bolt Sigma to 3 bolt Lancer and 4 bolt top hats onto 1600 struts problems appeared.

Because the Lancer steering knuckles are longer then Sigma, my steering no longer hits full lock and takes a bit of turning to actuallly move the wheels

In the hope of fitting Lancer steering box and idler arm to remedy this problem it only made things worse. With Lancer gear in the Sigma, it pushes the drag link up against the crossmember (Too long!) Which I think is your issue.

So I think you should use Sigma/Starion xmember with Starion/Sigma idler arm and steering box.........maybe.

• 4 months later...

I'm sure this is done by now but,

Ended up using a "mixture" of parts for the steering

Sigma; x-member

Sigma; drag link (main/centre rod)

Starion; strut knuckles

Ex; idler, pitman and ALL tie rods

Think its best to "match" x-member and centre drag link

good luck...

yea ive got it all done.

i used a starion crossmember(pretty sure sigma the same).

the staion lower control arms

starion knuckles, cant use lancer ones as they are 2 bolt and starion are 3bolt

starion struts

Lancer main drag link and right/left steering arms

and a sigma idler arm

and it all works sweet :D