4age help

tytcnt

on the my ca its afm , and when that coes off it goes into limp mode which means idle but nothing else .

im sure a non functioning map sensor can also cause this .

i highly doubt it would be fuel prob tbh , you blow black smoke and lose power etc with those type of faults.

also dont the capacitors in these ecus leak , much like the ones in the first gen v6 vrs ones do?? . they can be removed and replced by a sparky piece of piss

Try checking the fault codes by bridging the T and E1 terminals in the diagnostic box - this will be either a black box with a cap over it or a yellow plug that appears to do nothing.

Info on how to do this is here: http://www.club4ag.com/faq_and_tech_pag ... 0Codes.htm

Have you checked for spark? Pull a plug out and test it in each of the leads to see what it does (Make sure it's touching the motor for an earth while cranking).

Also make sure the hose from the MAP to the manifold isn't cracked or leaking... It pays to check all vacuum lines for leaks.

Try checking the fault codes by bridging the T and E1 terminals in the diagnostic box - this will be either a black box with a cap over it or a yellow plug that appears to do nothing.

Info on how to do this is here: http://www.club4ag.com/faq_and_tech_pag ... 0Codes.htm

Have you checked for spark? Pull a plug out and test it in each of the leads to see what it does (Make sure it's touching the motor for an earth while cranking).

Also make sure the hose from the MAP to the manifold isn't cracked or leaking... It pays to check all vacuum lines for leaks.

on this note , for your sake dont be anywhere near the plug when its sparking ... these shocks are amazing compared to normal coils

ok sweet will try do that,

asked my old man to test it all as hes a sparky the tps part is working but he reacons the wires back to the ecu are broken so hopefully its that will let you know if it was just wires ah

thanks for all the help guys

this is my old car .....never missed a beat for me untill I sold it to this guy afew weeks ago :S

yep is map sensed, only issue i can think this might be is: the guy i got to do splice/joining of looms didnt do a very good job and i had to tape the loom up where it went into ECU so it didnt jiggle over bumps ect as it caused engine 2 cut out. i would idle but died when you put foot on gas.

but he said to me it wouldnt idle but did with TPS unplugged.

..........But I had it taped in a sweet spot and it hadnt been a issue for me for about 2 years!

Just remembered I have a spare ECU somwhere i think man let me know if you want to try it.