RWD Evo 7 Bolt. How To.

infinite

Well after deciding to build a rwd evo powerd lb lancer i discoverd the "evo motors cant be rwd" bullshit.

Guess what they can be and bloody simple!

U will need a evo 1,2,3 flywheel

Next get the spigot bearing machend into it, Find a 4G36 flywheel and get the ring gear off it then get the ring gear from the evo flywheel taken off and put the 4G36 ring gear onto the evo 3 7 bolt flywheel.

sany0789.jpg

This ring gear is ALOT bigger than the stock evo ring gear but runs the same internal diamiter. By doing this the ring gear now meets upto the stock starter on the l200/starion gearbox! this saves u having to cut the bellhousing.

Next i used l200 4G63 engine mounts and the standard LB lancer crossmember ALL crossmembers are the same DONT listen to crap about the 1200/1600 crossmembers being different as i have test fitted my motor to BOTH! in a ex this could be differnt and u most probably will need the 2ltr? crossmember!

Now the engine mounts bolt directly onto the block! the wholes ARE THERE. so dont listen to people who say they arnt! ive personaly used the RVR motor for the simple reason no Cam sensor! its on the crank witch means i dont have to bash my firewall!, I am just going to rewire a evo loom to accept this.