fuel cell

tytcnt

Just something to consider for anyone using a foam filled cell with EFI/boost. When I was in the states, I went out for a drive in a friends body dropped air bagged rx7 IRSed twin cam etc b2000 and he was trying to spin some O's low on gas. We failed. The foam (in his tank, possibly different in others) stops sudden movements of fuel, but doesn't stop it moving to one side under steady state Gs. If using one of those, I'd still use a surge tank.

Another thought on tanks that I had while at the nats was to just build it like I built my sump. A single sealed horizontal plate across close to the bottom with a central hole will prevent any slop/surge being seen by the pickup at the bottom.

I'm planning to move away from the stock ute tank to a pair of s/s beer kegs with the above mentioned mod. I'll be retaining the surge tank too, though. My reaasons are keeping the variable weight closer to the centre of gravity, moving the tank out of the way of the diff arms that I need, picking up more capacity. I'll engineer my own level sender of some description when the time comes.

Fred.