Tuned a bit of torque into my weber'd 202

EFI_LC

After my disappointment last drag night I decided to try and get abit more torque out of the old girl as I was having some issues off the line and it felt like I was towing a trailer down the strip.

I found a broken plug was the cause and also the synch wasn't great on my webers so have since tinkered some more and now hopefully have come close to the jackpot.

Check out the vid and see what you reckon, i never gave it the full on treatment and I am running in street tune so I can go a bit harder on the track. first part is in top gear from 1500rpm, second part standing start.

I love how out of touch your RPM gauge is.

Also, the correct answer for what I reckon about about this is:

Awesome.

LoL... Thanks, yea that stock tacho has a bit of problem eh but its probably still recovering from the amount of times its been off the clock ;)

is it going for a run on the 6th?

might come and watch it hit that magical 12.??

I am gonna try, its starting to feel good in street tune, I have a couple more tweaks I will save for the track. This morning gave me even more confidence I have it close as it started immediately i cranked it over as usually it fires then starts running on the 2nd attempt when cold.

If I get a 12 ..... I might sell the engine a build another.

its pretty hard to tell but i reckon its got some get up and go.

I can vouch 1st hand that this thing indeed gets up and goes! I've lost count of the number of times he's handed my arse to me down the 1/4! :cry::lol:

Time for some forced induction aye mate? :twisted:

its pretty hard to tell but i reckon its got some get up and go.

I can vouch 1st hand that this thing indeed gets up and goes! I've lost count of the number of times he's handed my arse to me down the 1/4! :cry::lol:

Time for some forced induction aye mate? :twisted:

Maybe i might go like some of the Aussies and have a go at building a 10 second 202 ;)

choice

there was some random turbo gear on tardme last night for like $60. think auction ended though :(

I actually owned a Blackwells special a few years back. They turbo'd a Blue motor '82 VH Wagon 4-speed from new (Turbo Tech did the conversion) and then a year later installed a 5-speed Toyota box. It went well after I got Barry Colombus to sort out the tune. It used to be hilarious at times... I remember this really kool guy was showing off his new Batman to his girl and I took off from lights normally with fishing rods on the roof rack stuff in the back and I heard this thing ringing it out as I changed into 2nd so I floored it, once the lag disappeared it took off, into 3rd and i passed him easy as.... poor guy i think he stopped to check if he had flat tires after that lol.....