Car stalls when Ideling

LingLing

Hi all, I got 3cylinder 1000cc charade that has a carberater and stalls when ideling, i.e..at stop light and also on start ups.

The guy sold it to me told me that he ran out of fuel just before he sold it to me, and he had to push to car the the petrol station to get some petrol, and the problem started after he put the fuel in.

I thought the problem was dirty fuel system,so I have changed the fuel filter and has cleaned the carberater with CRC Carb cleaner ( without take it apart). the problem still not solved.

so I decided to change the engine rev, and it worked of course.

I don't want to keep the rev high,what else can I do?

Another similar problem.

A mirage that has fuel injected 1800cc GSR engine and a Turbo in it.

It doesn't stall at start up at all, but it stalls sometimes when it comes to stop,i.e, red lights.

Did nothing to it yet, any ideas?

Idle stepper motor.

Another similar problem.

A mirage that has fuel injected 1800cc GSR engine and a Turbo in it.

It doesn't stall at start up at all, but it stalls sometimes when it comes to stop,i.e, red lights.

Did nothing to it yet, any ideas?

Idle stepper motor.

Do I have to replace that? expensive?

usually it's a coil which burns out, so the idle stepper motor works one way but not the other. it's the usual reason why mitsis stall or idle funny. can get a replacement one from a wreckers or pick a part for $50 or less. There's a few different kinds though but some interchange with others. Best to pull your one out and compare with the replacement.

usually it's a coil which burns out, so the idle stepper motor works one way but not the other. it's the usual reason why mitsis stall or idle funny. can get a replacement one from a wreckers or pick a part for $50 or less. There's a few different kinds though but some interchange with others. Best to pull your one out and compare with the replacement.

So I guess the work is easy then, just pull it out and put a new one back in, but what does it look like?