20valve carib question

danger

My silver top did this for about 3 months, never found out what it was, and then one day it started running sweet, never happened again. Two guys I know have had a similar problem (both with silver tops tho) both turned out to be ECU, they have shit diodes or something in them, common for them to leak their slime out, and cause weird faults.

Yea check the caps in the ECU should be behind the glovebox? maybe. Remove the lid and its usually pretty visible when they've gone, but sometimes not. They are all available and not to hard to solder in, Also check and clean the idle control valve/ stepper motor

Just saw there had been more posts...

I've fixed it, I checked map sensor and tested the throttle sensor, pulled ECU apart etc.

Turns out after all the bullshit the problem happened to my old man and he was able to actually explain it a bit better.

I raised idle to where it should be and tightened up the throttle cable to the gearbox and no more issues.

FFS etc.